Posted by Joel Herzog | October 16 | 2017
5 Arthritis Fighting Super Foods
Looking to amp up your diet and incorporate some disease fighting superfoods? We have you covered! We put together our top 5 arthritis fighting super foods that you need to start incorporating into your diet.
- Shrimp: As if you needed another reason to eat this delicious shellfish, you now find out it is good for you too! Loaded with sources of vitamin D, it also contains omega-3 fatty acids along with vitamin C. Not only that, it also has other amazing nutrients that are essential for general health including iron and vitamin B12. With all its nutrients, don’t be afraid to ask them to pass the plate of shrimp!
- Sweet Potatoes: There’s no doubt that they are delicious, but did you know that sweet potatoes are also a rich source of vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6 and fibre. Whether you decide to bake them, fry them or boil them, they’ll be a delicious burst of flavour to your meal and load you with vitamins at the same time.
- Bananas: Have you ever realized that you had the shakes so bad that you couldn’t keep your hands still? That is one of the first signs of a lack in potassium. The solution to that problem? A banana! Bananas are loaded with potassium and can quickly help you with the shakes. But did you know that bananas are also a good course of arthritis fighting vitamin B6, as well as vitamin C? Incorporate into your diet daily to reap the benefits.
- Salmon: There is no doubt that salmon is one of the richest sources of healthy fats. It is known to be an ideal source of omega-3 fatty acids, as well as contains vitamin D & calcium. Not only is this super food amazing to combat arthritis, it also helps in lowering blood pressure!
- Cheese: This is perhaps our favourite arthritis fighting super food in this group. Cheese (especially selections such as cheddar) are a great source of vitamin B6! Not only that but with so many selections and varieties, there is a kind for everyone to enjoy and makes it extremely easy to incorporate it into your diet.
Taking preventative action in combating disease & pain, is extremely important. Feeling pain and need to treat it? Contact the best physiotherapy clinic: MedRehab! Not only can MedRehab help you with back pain treatment and chiropractic care services, it can also aid you in coming up with a customized treatment plan to best suit your needs and provide you vital information, such as the one above, to set you on the path of health and wellness.